GOFIT GYMS IN MALAYSIA (“THE GYM”)
The Gym is operated by Avocado Fit (M) Sdn Bhd, with a business address at Level 12, Wisma Mont Kiara, No 1 Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur (“The Company”). The principal objective is to provide health and leisure facilities for Gym Members and their Guests. The Home Gym is where a member joins or visits most frequently. The Company has appointed a Management team (“The Management”), who are responsible for the operation of The Gym.
- Membership is personal to the member and is non assignable, non-transferable and non-refundable. A member may not loan his/her digital membership card to be used by a third party. The Company may assign the benefit of these agreements to any person, firm or company at any time without notice to the member.
- All new memberships and membership transfers are subject to the approval of the Management. The Management reserves the right to reject an application for membership to the Gym for any reason whatsoever.
- Upon acceptance, the member will be issued with a digital membership card (which shall remain the property of the Company) via the GoFit mobile app and the member shall be entitled to all the rights and privileges under the class of membership.
- Any member wishing to enter the Gym without a valid digital membership card will NOT be admitted under any circumstances.
- Comfort Guarantee - You have a 'comfort guarantee' period of 7 days commencing from the date a Contract is formed, or in case of new Gym, the grand opening date. If you wish to utilize this period to cancel your membership, you are required to tell us in writing (preferably on the form supplied by us) that you want to cancel your membership during your Comfort Guarantee Period. We will cancel your contract and refund your initial membership payment minus the administrative fee. Membership is non-transferable during the comfort guarantee period. After the Comfort Guarantee Period ends, if you wish to terminate/cancel the Contract, you must pay certain fees. The particular amount of fees payable varies depending upon the reason that you are terminating the Contract. Please refer to the cancellation provision as outlined for full details in relation to your right to cancel your membership and the fees payable in those circumstances.
- Membership Categories
This membership has a 12-month contract (Minimum Contract Period (MCP)), no annual fee, free SuperCircuit™ access, free Virtual Group Exercise Class access, RM49 joining fee including any prevailing taxes, 5 guest passes per GOAL member per annum, auto-renewal upon the end of the contract period.
This membership has no contract, no annual fee, free SuperCircuit™ access, Free Virtual Group Exercise Class access, RM99 joining fee including any prevailing taxes, 2 guest passes per FLEX member per lifetime, auto-renewal upon the end of the membership period.
- UPGRADE PLUS
The UPGRADE PLUS is an additional value-added option to either GOAL or FLEX membership as stipulated above. This upgrade is bound by any applicable contract period of the membership. Options of an upgrade is applicable individually or collectively for FitQuest*, Massage*, MyGoZone*.
*The upgrade is limited to 1-time usage per day.
- Minimum Age: Memberships are available to individuals who have attained a minimum age of 16 years old as per local identification record. Information of the parent and/or guardian for any applicant below the age of 20 must be provided on the contract as the consent for the member to join the Gym and abide by the rules and regulations.
MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT/CONTRACT FORM
GoFit Gym Membership Agreement/Contract is available digitally.
A digitally/electronically signed contract and paper signed contract are legally recognized and shall not be denied of its legal effect, validity, or enforceability.
- You will receive a copy of digital signed contract upon joining via email that you have provided to us.
- All members shall pay an initial Joining Fee in the sum specified, which are non-refundable and shall become due immediately upon being accepted as a member. Joining fees are subject to change without notice.
- Initial fees and Membership fees are not refundable upon resignation or termination for any reason whatsoever.
- Monthly subscription is payable on the 1st of every month through credit card/debit card arrangements as indicated in the front of membership application form upon joining (or on a separate Action Form - whichever the most current). A RM15 late payment fee will be imposed thereafter per outstanding month.
- Failure to use or non-usage of the Gym's facilities does not eliminate the obligation to pay all subscriptions in a timely manner.
- The credit card/debit card authorization amount must be sufficient to cover at least three months subscription outstanding plus late payment fees. On occasions, bank delays may cause your credit card/direct debit to be inactive for several months. In this case you can make payments directly at the Gym. Please always update your billing details and contact information with the Gym. GoFit Gym may increase the frequency of billing runs at any time to collect the arrears.
- The Management reserves the right to cancel any membership on which fees are unpaid for three months or more. Legal action will be taken to recover outstanding dues from the member.
- Any lapse in membership will require the member to re-join at the prevailing Initiation Fees.
- Membership Fee Increase:
- Price promise; GoFit Gym agrees not to increase the Members' Monthly Dues within their Minimum Contract Period (MCP).
- Thereafter GoFit Gym reserves the right to increase prices of any existing membership option whether individual or under a corporate account, subject to giving 30 days’ notice to the Members by posting such notifications in the Gym, or by whatever means is deemed appropriate at the time.
- Monthly Membership Dues are payable in advance through the autopay system. GoFit Gym reserves the right to charge a nominal fee in the event of late payment due to unsuccessful collection for whatever reason, or in the event that an alternative method of payment is used.
- If membership fees are increased, you hereby authorise the Company to increase any autopay instruction that is indicated in the front of the membership application form upon joining (or on a separate Action Form - whichever is the most current) accordingly.
- Members may "freeze" their memberships by continuing to pay a prevailing freeze fee per month depending on your membership category. Freeze fee is payable in advance.
- A member must give notice to the Gym by the 20th of the month prior to the first day of the freezing month. Back dating freeze is not allowed. Freeze request shall be processed by GoFit Admin. A written confirmation shall be issued by the Gym to confirm the freeze period.
- The freeze period must be for a period of not less than 1 month or a maximum of 12 months and the Member needs to be an active paying member for a minimum of 3 months after joining.
- The Time Freeze period always starts on the 1st day of the month and finishes on the last day of the month.
- The freezing period does not count towards the minimum term. Freeze may not be used in respect of the notice period for cancellation of membership.
- Members may not use the Gym facilities during this freezing period unless you unfreeze your membership by paying the pro rata dues of the month before the end of freezing period.
- Your frozen membership will be reactivated to a full paying membership automatically upon the expiry of the frozen period.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Cancellation/Termination Within Minimum Term For Medical or Relocation Reasons
- You can only cancel your membership prior to the expiry of the Minimum Term if you become subject to medical incapacity, if you relocate to an area not within 50 kilometres of a GoFit Gym or if we make changes to the Contract which adversely affects you. For cancellation due to medical incapacity or relocation, you will only be permitted to cancel your membership if you produce supporting documentation to our satisfaction (in case of medical reasons, by a qualified medical practitioner certifying that you are permanently sick or incapacitated from undertaking any exercise regime for a period of 12 months or the remaining term of your membership, whichever is longer and in the case of relocation, by a real estate or similar agent certifying your relocation). In either of these cases, you may transfer your membership Contract to someone you have introduced to the Gym and has not been a member of GoFit Gym for a minimum period of 3 months (relevant fees will apply). The person who takes over your membership will be charged on the most current membership rack rate. In this transfer case, the departure fee will be waived. If you do not choose this option, a departure fee will be charged depending on the number of months left on the Contract as stated below.
- Cancellation 'Departure Fee' (this may be waived in special circumstances (e.g. bankruptcy): This fee to allow cancellation of the Contract within the minimum term period and is only offered for the reasons outlined above. Departure fee of 50% from the remaining Minimum Commitment Period (MCP) will be payable. The Management reserve the right at any time, to increase the Cancellation 'Departure Fee' to be charged.
- One full calendar month’s advance cancellation notice is applicable in addition to the cancellation fee payment.
- Termination On or After The Minimum Term
- You can terminate your membership on or after the minimum term if you give us one full calendar month’s advance notice (the calendar month begins on the 1st day of the month).
- You must be aware that:
- Termination takes effect on the last day of the month following our receipt of your
notice. For example:
Notice Received Date:
1st July 2020 } Final Usage Date: 31st August 2020
12th July 2020 } Final Usage Date: 31st August 2020
30th July 2020 } Final Usage Date: 31st August 2020
- Termination takes effect on the last day of the month following our receipt of your notice. For example:
- The Member must register his/her request for cancellation through Membership Account. Departure fee is payable in advance.
- All outstanding fees must be paid before the cancellation of your membership can be processed.
- You cannot claim a Membership Time Freeze and skip the calendar month notice period. To be clear, a Time Freeze is not available during your notice period.
- Termination of a membership that has been frozen / time restricted shall be subject to full original monthly dues for the notice period.
- Where either of us terminates your membership, any fees that you have not paid (for example, if you had not paid for the previous months) will need to be paid or we may take action to recover the outstanding payments.
- We can refuse entry to the Gym whenever your payments are not up-to date.
PHYSICAL CONDITION OF MEMBERS
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified, so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all Gym facilities. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
- The member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she knows of no medical or any other reason why he/she is not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- The member shall not use any Gym facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
- Members and their guests exercise and use the facilities at their own risk and are advised to consult their physician prior to commencing any type of physical exercise.
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
The management may terminate the membership of any member:
- Without notice and with immediate effect if a member’s conduct, whether or not such conduct is the subject of complaint by another member or members, is such that in the reasonable opinion of the Management, it is harmful to the character and/or interests of the Gym.
- Without notice and with immediate effect if the member has committed any breach of these rules or of the Rules & Regulations of The Gym as are from time to time in force.
- If any monthly membership fees or locker fees remain unpaid after the due date for payment.
- Upon notice in writing, if the Company is of the opinion that the member is not a suitable individual for continued membership of the Gym.
- Without notice and with immediate effect if a member is found to have violated the privacy of any other member within the shower and the changing rooms or are caught in lewd or compromising actions.
- A member whose membership is terminated by the Management shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect without claim of any refund of his/her initial Start-up Fee or Monthly Membership dues, other than any monthly membership dues paid in advance. Upon termination of his/her membership the member shall return forthwith his/her membership card and any other evidence or property of membership provided to that member by the Gym and shall settle any outstanding debts.
- Member introducing guests shall ensure that their guests complete a guest pass and pay the current guest fee for a guest pass.
- A guest pass may be used only once per Gym and not for multiple entries to one particular Gym.
- Guests will have the same membership privileges as the member who introduced them and will be subject to the same Gym rules and limitations of liability as the member. It is the responsibility of the member introducing a guest to ensure that their guest complies with the Gym rules.
- The Management reserves the right to exclude any guest from the Gym without giving any reason for doing so and change the charges levied on guest passes from time to time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Members should be considerate of other members and wipe down equipment with hand towel.
- GoFit Gym’s staff are authorized to stop anyone from exercising if he/she is considered exercising in a manner that may result in personal injury or/and injury to others. Users must abide by the instructions of the GoFit Gym’s staff.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Gym.
- Members or guests may not use the facilities of the Gym while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other mood-altering substances.
- The Gym's normal hours of operation are indicated at the Gym entrance and notice board. The Management reserves the right to adjust the hours for purposes of cleaning, decorating, repairs, special private functions and holidays. The Management shall endeavour to give reasonable notice of any change in operation hours.
- All members and guests are required to wear proper gym attire when exercising. A top is required that covers the chest area, no torn clothes are permitted. Closed toe, non-marking, rubber soled shoes are required at all times in the gymnasium and in the aerobics room.
- The Management accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to member's contents kept in daily / private lockers for any reason whatsoever.
- The use of mobile phones with camera features and/or any other types of visual recorders in changing rooms are strictly prohibited. Members breaching this rule will be handed over to the Authorities to be dealt with accordingly.
- Members and guests are not allowed to bring their own food into the Gym.
- The Management may from time to time show potential members or others around the Gym and allow them use the Gym facilities on a trial basis and reserves the right to do so.
PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Company recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
You understand, acknowledge and consent to the Company processing, collecting and using your
personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing, administering and managing your GoFit Gym Contract and any membership benefit programs;
- Processing any transactions or payments made by you and to maintain payment records;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, fax message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of processing, administering and managing your GoFit Gym Contract and any membership benefit programs;
- For publicity purposes and conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance the services we provide to you, where you have consented for the Company to do so;
- Record-keeping purposes;
- Responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- Complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
- Storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Malaysia.
- Your personal data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to
the following third parties, whether in Malaysia or outside of Malaysia, for one or more of the
purposes set out above:
- The Company's head office, affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Any of the Company's agents, contractors or third party service providers that process
or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to
those third party service providers which have been engaged by the Company to :
(i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information;
(ii) to operate the; or
(iii) otherwise in connection with the provision of GoFit Gym services to you;
- The Company's auditors and legal advisors;
- Financial institutions, credit card companies and payment processors; and
- Public and governmental / regulatory authorities, courts and other alternative dispute forums.
- Soliciting and selling private personal training sessions or merchandises to any member are prohibited and shall result in immediate termination of the member concerned.
- Daily lockers must be cleared daily. Unclaimed or lost properties will be kept by the Gym for a period of 1 month after which the Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. No claims shall be entertained after this period.
- The Management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs of members and/or guests for press or promotional purposes.
- All members must abide by the rules of the Gym which may be amended, varied, deleted and added from time to time at Management's discretion.
- Failure by the Management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights.
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and subject to the jurisdiction of Malaysia.
- All brandings, design, logos and Gym interior follow GoFit Gym’s brand manual. Any guests or members are not allowed to photograph or copy any Gym interior designs, promotional materials, tag lines or theme. GoFit Gym reserves the right to proceed with legal action to any member caught distributing, sharing or supplying such contents to any third party vendor or competitor.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In consideration for the Management accepting his/her application for membership of the Gym and for him/her becoming and remaining a member of the Gym, the member agrees that:
- GoFit Gym accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to members' or their guests' properties or for death or injuries sustained while on the premises. Members and their guests agree that no claims will be made against the Company, GoFit Gym, the Management or staff for any reason whatsoever.
- GoFit Gym, its associated companies, employees or agents shall not be held responsible for any claims, demands, injuries, damages or actions for negligence arising on account of death or due to injury, loss, damage or theft to a member's person or property arising out of or in connection with the use by a member of any of the services, facilities on the premises of GoFit Gym. The member hereby holds the Company, GoFit Gym, its associated companies, employees and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a member's behalf for any such injuries or claims aforesaid.
- Any guest of a member or a temporary visitor to the Gym shall agree to abide with the Gym rules and the same limitation of liabilities for a member shall apply.